Thursday 3 December 2009

Tracking, Down stay, Recall, Group, Jumps

Sunday 15th of March 2009


Tracking

Plan:

Serpentine track, not too long. Food in every foot step. Not opened Ceasar dog food in the end, hidden. About 10 minutes.


Training:

Group of people watching, good for Elsa and good for me. Had her sitting before I let her go on the track. Happy tracking, a little bit confused at times but comes back to it.


Analysing:

I laid too narrow bends in the serpentine therefore she got a bit confused. However, she solved it and got to the end without that much struggle.


  • Need to do bigger swirls if doing serpentines.
  • Good to have people watching.
  • I should could lay much longer tracks.


Down stay

Plan:

  • Lay her at the club while other dogs are training.
  • Reward when head is down.

Training:

  • Quite a long down stay, probaly about 10 minutes. Other dogs doing sendaway, playing and just generally training.
  • Rewarded her while head down.

Analysing:

  • She is very stable.
  • Need somebody else to click while head is down. Otherwise she goes on my command and/or my looking at her.


Recall

Plan:

To see what she does if I recall her from a down position on a 30 paces distance.

Stop in the present position.

Training:

Laid her down and called her to the present position.

Analysing:

Need shorter distance for a little while since she started to swing a little on her way in.


Heel work around group

Plan:

Just walking around a person, reward while concentrating on me.

Training:

Lost concentration first but gained it back. I backed out of the situation and we started again. This time a lot more successful. We stopped really close to the guy that helped us. I clicked and rewarded her with pulling game with the "kong".

Analysing:

Need bigger groups as soon as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment