Sunday 15th of March 2009
Serpentine track, not too long. Food in every foot step. Not opened Ceasar dog food in the end, hidden. About 10 minutes.
Group of people watching, good for Elsa and good for me. Had her sitting before I let her go on the track. Happy tracking, a little bit confused at times but comes back to it.
I laid too narrow bends in the serpentine therefore she got a bit confused. However, she solved it and got to the end without that much struggle.
- Need to do bigger swirls if doing serpentines.
- Good to have people watching.
- I should could lay much longer tracks.
- Lay her at the club while other dogs are training.
- Reward when head is down.
- Quite a long down stay, probaly about 10 minutes. Other dogs doing sendaway, playing and just generally training.
- Rewarded her while head down.
- She is very stable.
- Need somebody else to click while head is down. Otherwise she goes on my command and/or my looking at her.
To see what she does if I recall her from a down position on a 30 paces distance.
Stop in the present position.
Laid her down and called her to the present position.
Need shorter distance for a little while since she started to swing a little on her way in.
Heel work around group
Just walking around a person, reward while concentrating on me.
Lost concentration first but gained it back. I backed out of the situation and we started again. This time a lot more successful. We stopped really close to the guy that helped us. I clicked and rewarded her with pulling game with the "kong".
Need bigger groups as soon as possible.