Sunday 22 February 2009

sit in front and update on elsas condition

Elsa is getting better for every day. I think she will be well very soon to be honest. Have therefore not given up the trial totally but I really need to check where we stand since we have not been able to train for a while. We needed these last couple of weeks to get in gear. I must be critical, if I do not think we stand a very good chance of passing, what is the point for us?

Anyway, if we are not doing it, I will definately be there to watch so I receive a clearer picture of what is expected from us. The club, South Valley Sports Dog Club, had a BH test run through today for all of us who has not competed in IPO/Schutzhund. I really appreciated that, I really appreciate how engaged these people are and how wonderfully they share their knowledge and experience.

Training today;
Coming in to sit in front with one hand up the air as added distraction.

She was very good, stared at it at first on the hand that was up the air, corrected herself and came in beautifully. My thought is to continue the distraction training, and when she figures out what to do I click her and give her reward. She is such a little thinker which make her so much fun to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment