Wednesday 18 February 2009

Elsa - "Operation" and the Hood

Well, well, well, you just never know what is around the corner. I am a great believer that success contains of hard work, talence, intelligence and luck. If you lack in any of these fields you will be behind. If you then are working together with somebody like a dog for example both of you that need to have all of the above criteria to succeed.

So what do I want to say in that; Elsa is not recovering from the Anal Gland Abcess just by anibiotics and anti inflammatory, she needed to be put under general anaesthetic and have it flushed and drained. All of it was done today. So she will, wheter she like it or not, be walking around with a hood on her head. Poor girl. This will take at least 2 weeks. I also feel a bit sorry for myself since we had planned to do the BH test the 7th of March at South Valley Sports Dog Club:-(. I do not believe we will have a remote chance to be ready for that now. We really needed those last two weeks to polish things.

I will anyway go and watch a friend of mine tomorrow doing protection work. And on Sunday I am going to look at a BH test run through for new people like myself. At least I can continue my own education within this even though Elsa is not fit.

Regarding the hood; I let it be out on the floor, everytime she nodge it with her nose she got a treat. This proved to work really nicely and the evidence was of course today. When I left her at the vet this morning, she wagged her tail and nodge the hood as soon as she saw it. Change of emotions around the hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment