Sunday 15 February 2009

Elsa and the hood

Realized already yesterday that Elsa panics about the plastic hood. Tail between her legs and does not want to know about any hood. She runs away and hide. This is extremely unusual behaviour for Elsa. She normally trusts me with her life but not when it comes to the hood. When Stoli, the labrador, had a hood last autumn she didn't want to be near him. If he came closer she fled. Proper fleeing, doesn't want to look at the hood, tail between legs and try to get as far away as possible from it. Why does she need a hood now? Because of her anal gland abscess. However, she doesn't seem to need it at this occasion but I am pretty sure that at some point in her life whe will need to have a hood on.

I am trying to connect it to food in order to change her emotions around it. Swedish meat balls (from IKEA). It was not very successful yesterday, slightly better today. My plan is to have it on the floor, feeding her, holding it, feeding her and praize her. I am planning to do this later on again today and tonight. I will report further.

No comments:

Post a Comment